Laser is an acronym for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
At Riverside Animal Hospital, we pride ourselves with always searching for new ways to care for your cat and dog especially where pain is concerned.
Veterinary laser therapy provides a non-invasive, pain free, surgery free and drug free treatment.
Laser therapy uses light to favor and accelerate the body’s natural healing processes and by doing so we can treat a variety of conditions. Our specific laser is also known as a “Cold Laser” or a “MLS Therapy Laser”.
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Post-surgical and soft tissue trauma
- Back Pain
- Ear infections
- Hot Spots and open wounds
- Arthritis / hip dysplasia
- Degenerative disc disease
- Anal gland infections
Many of our veterinary therapy patients are older animals with musculoskeletal ailments. Some signs that your senior companion is experiencing pain or discomfort are:
- Abnormal sitting or lying posture
- Circling multiple times before lying down
- Whining, groaning or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting into car or down stairs
- Lack of grooming
- Won't wag tail
- Licking or biting area
- Lack of appetite